Pages

Thursday 12 November 2009

one joss stick, one big fat burning memory

I did try to forget all about it. About how violently I got converted to a different religion. So, I will not write about it. Too painful.

But I met this genius, sorry, precious yet sweet idiot, who nagged and nagged me to testify.

*sigh*

So, by a round-about way I shall reveal it. 178 posts and 9 pages to read.

HERE WAS MY FIRST SALVO: Unlike most of you folks I was not born into a Christian environment/culture. I was born into a Buddhist family in an Islamic country (Malaysia ~ we do have "freedom" of religion. But no churches and temples are allowed to be built after 1957, our independence from the British colonists). And I was baptised in the Holy Spirit very late in life (49 years old).


Truly I tell you, before then I would bolt when I so much as sniff an evangelizing machine heading my way.

After reading all your posts... well, interesting. And IMHO, I believe it's still much, much easier to be an atheist or agnostic or god-less.

Harder to tell true Christians from the fanatics, Mormons, Jehovah witnesses. Roman Catholics... ahhhh, still not sure about them. And so many denominations. What gives?

You can torture yourself by reading the rest here:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/3938-easier-to-be-an-ex-c/

LAST PAGE:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/3938-easier-to-be-an-ex-c/page__st__160

I did read the last page. Golly gee, October 2005 - that long ago!

Halleluyah really. I'm still walking my faith. Officially baptised (in 2006). And still yoked to Jesus.

So, really, this mws chick, kum siah, tanky you hah...for digging up all the worms.

No comments: