Pages

Sunday 5 January 2020

What is the most important thing you plan to do when you retire?

Richard Wee
    Richard Wee, Retiree and Funfit Coach (2009-present)
This is a question everyone will need to answer one day.
For me, I thought about this about 10 years’ ago.. and my thoughts and the decision then was “I am going to do things I haven't done before!”
Then I retired... here's what I am doing…
  1. Learn martial arts to keep fit and keep myself learning all the time. It also helps me to be fit...
  2. Volunteer my time to help teens, youth at risk, students with special learning needs, children with cancer, orphans, and children with hearing and sight challenges... I am paying forward and it gives me a sense of purpose.
  3. Spend my limited resources carefully and not to show off. Invest wisely taking a minimised risk. I want to be financially independent.
  4. Spend quality time with loved ones and friends. I was too busy during my working life.
These are so worthwhile and meaningful I was not and did not do in the past.. these are things I am doing now. It fills my retirement with purpose and zeal… every day.

No comments: