Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2019

#1 well...it could happen...how not to lose a low end job...

WARNING: Dear visitor, my task is not to offend as I am a struggling, suffering still trying very hard to be a Protestant Christian of the Assembly of God denomination.

All I pathetically want to do is share a bit of advice but mainly a couple of non-judgmental and ranting-venting-crapping. And yes, a whole mother load of off-loading. 

I do not want revenge or wish to hold any grudges against any person(s) or corporation or company or organisation or government or country or alien. But I will not hide their name(s). They will be named. If are a sensitive wimp like 'you know who' ... tough. 

Because.

Because this blog is meant for me, myself and I. So please do not even try to sue me (because I do not know any brutal liars, I mean lawyers). 

bakarmerah is solely for me (did I say just mention me? that geeky, douchebag, jerk? that wimpy diamond koo koo cheow?). 

bakarmerah is meant to rid my, uneducated, uncouth yet innocent, brain from all that filth (also known as shit) stirring inside. I do not wish to explode on innocent bystanders, like my dogs MoMo n Bibi n Gary. And my cats Kooky and Amberly. Or my kois Prince, Princess and Queenie.

Or my sons Niloc, Hsu Wei (one more i forgot his name liao) and Jo Shua. Or my daughters Su Yin, Su Ting, Amanda and Kiki. 

bakarmerah is to bakar all that burning kotoran away, okaay?

I do guarantee you, gentle reader, that there will be tons of swear words in Hokkien, Thai, Cantonese, Malay, Mandarin and, of course, the Queen's language: English. I will not do translation now (too lazy, sudah tua; you go google them yourself, eh sai boh?). There will fuck loads of lahs, mehs, one, and Penang Hokkien-Malay slang.

Whew.

So, please DO NOT READ after this sentence.



LAST warning.


If you insist to read on ... sorry lah, I oredi tai sang lei chor.   


How not to lose a low end job...


What to do?

After unsuccessfully applying for a copywriter position, I was one of them copy slaves once, for more than a year ... I had to try some other positions, right?

A related position with similar skills required would be nice eh? That took a year to nab as well. I had already applied yonks ago to be a Sub Editor at Vincent Tan's TheSun but no response was forthcoming.

Then I applied again.

On July 15, 2015 I was hired to be The Sun's Executive Sub Executive.

High falutin sounding title but they had to beg me to lower my expectations regarding the salary.

Beg? Hey, I was the beggar lah. So I just took whatever they said they could afford (and this was a multi-billion media company of the multi-trillionaire Mr. V Tan).















No comments: